
Several years ago now, my husband and I had agreed "No presents". We had probably done something big for the house or had planned a ski trip, whatever. As we women know, "No Presents", doesn't mean NO, NADA, NULL PRESENTS. I didn't do much granted, but I did fill his stocking with nice french soap that he has gotten accustomed too, some fancy shaving cream, good wool socks, a kitchen gadget or two, and some expensive whiskey. Well, I will never forget when my two young boys went for their stockings and went to give us ours. My husband's face fell, as my oldest, proclaimed, questioned, and said "MOMMY, YOUR STOCKING IS EMPTY!?" I simply replied, "I guess MOMMY has been a BAD, BAD, Girl." Luckily, they were too excited about their own to dwell on my sad, flat stocking. My husband started apologizing profusely, as he reminded me that we had agreed on "NO PRESENTS." I really didn't care, but the irony was hilarious. Here, as a shopkeeper, I provide, wrap, thousands of gifts for two months, and at the end of the day, the shopkeeper ain't got NOTHING, Nada, Null, Nil ! I was highly amused and just glad that I had survived another Christmas Season, as I poured the Mimosa that I desperately deserved and had luckily bought myself the night before. Needless, to say, my husband has gone a little overboard since. He doesn't know that it really doesn't take much- Thin Mints ( After Eight brand- Publix), a bottle of Champagne/Prosecco, and wool socks (heart them)- end of story, morning glory. This year though, I do need my favorite perfume that was completely full, until the boys knocked it down sword fighting- L'Artisan Passenge d' Enfer. Please feel free to give the man a call...Wow, that was a departure. The point is that I love stockings and the other point is FIREFLY has great Stocking Stuffers most of which are five dollars or less. Here are two of my favorites and I will definitely be posting more like the great French soaps for $4.50 a bar.
Pictured are Santa,Rudy, and Elf. Wind them up and they dance. CLICK them together and they really dance. Amusing and fun...$ 5.00 each (not pictured the gingerbread man, he ran away...)
COAL- actually BLACK, blackberry bubble gum. Great packaging. $5
No comments:
Post a Comment